HCL Interview Experience
Batch : 2020
There were three rounds:
1. Online Test
2. Technical Interview
3. HR Interview
As it was an off campus, so the platform used for online test was Hackerrank. Online test has questions of aptitude, reasoning, technical mcqs, one programming question and one sql query and the duration was 1 hour 30 mins.
Due to lockdown, the technical interview was a video call interview. The interviewer asked me question like:
1. Tell me something about yourself.
2. Tell me about your projects that you have mentioned in your resume.
3. What do you know about object oriented programming principles in java ? ( I had mentioned java in resume).
4. What is abstraction?
5. What is method overloading?
6. What is collections in java?
7. What are the differences between a Set and a Map in collections?
8. What was your final year project?
9. Write a select query to fetch data from a database. (Because my project was based on database)
10. Do you have any question.
After Technical interview, my HR interview was scheduled and I joined the meeting with my HR where 12 other candidates were also present. So interviewer introduced himself and asked every to introduce us based on some of things he asked like you have to tell your full name, your graduation degree, branch and what people call you? Then he called everyone by their name and asked to introduce. So I also introduced myself when he called my name. Once everyone introduced themselves then our HR told that he was checking our listening and communication skills and how many actually followed his instructions. Then he told that we will have to tell a story. So one candidate from our group started with a netflix movies story and everyone spoke on that topic one by one for 30 seconds. Then he said I am done, if you have any questions you can ask. And then he said to wait for 1 week for results.